Research // Task Analysis // User Stories // Use Cases // Mockup // Prototype // Visual Design // Redlines // Presenting to Clients
Photoshop // Illustrator // Axure
Delivering on a tight deadline.
Engaging with stakeholders to promote end-user satisfaction.
Sports 1 Marketing agency offers event gifting as one of their services. They needed a simple way to get gifts to event goers without impeding the event experience. Our solution involved developing multiple applications for the different users. A mobile app for patrons and a web app for sponsors to upload gifts. A 2-day workshop resulted in a low-fidelity prototype that was pitched and used as the starting point for the app design.
The relationship manager provided research on millenials, data on sports event attendees and concert attendees, a list of competitors, and an old version of mobile app they were currently using. I created a competitive/comparative analysis with the list of competitors, as well as additional competitors I researched. I was able to conduct a heuristic analysis as well as a usabiliy test and task analysis on the old mobile application to determine where users struggled.
A diagram of the interactions between the client, sponsors, and event patrons makes sense of the marketing platform interactions.
On the second day of the 2-day workshop, senior management and I presented what our findings from day 1 and we proceeded to whiteboard. Through this, we determined key features and produced sketches.
The low fidelity prototype was presented to the client and was approved. This prototype was used for user testing. We found that:
I reached out to sporting event attendees to discover what their experiences with sponsored gifts were.
I found that:
After the first round of prototype testing, we compiled a list of changes to apply to our prototype. A new, mid-fidelity prototype was developed, red lines were drafted and approved to send to the developers. App development began and Skype calls were used as the primary communication.
Our team used the data we gathered from the mobile app to discover what form fields were needed for a sponsor to upload a gift. We whiteboarded different arrangements of the data and spoke to sponsor brand managers to get an idea of what would be useful to them.
We created a prototype of the sponsor app and tested it on users. We found that the wording and information architecture of the site needed to be adjusted to match the mental models of brand managers and increase usability.
We made changes based off of user testing and added a first draft of visual design.
The mobile and sponsor application prototypes and redlines were sent to developers. This fulfilled my portion of the contract and I remained in touch through Skype for questions.